We’re late into 2019 and the internet is overflowing with resources on coding, development, and design — and basically anything else you need. Not to mention all the inexpensive, DIY platform builders out there such as Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, WordPress, etc. With all this available, it’s no surprise that many people decide to design their own website(s) rather than hire a company.
Let’s quickly go over the basic pros and cons of hiring a web developer versus building a site yourself.
Hiring a Web Developer/Company:
- A higher budget is needed and can range anywhere from $200 to over $3,000 — but you’ll likely be able to create a much better design or offer more functionality than if you did it on your own
- There will likely be a monthly cost associated with website maintenance — but if something breaks or you want to make updates, you won’t have to worry about it if you have a developer on call
- No experience is needed — the developer can create your website, register domain(s), purchase hosting, and do everything else that goes along with developing a website
- You’ll save time — learning how to develop a website will take up a lot of time (because you’ll need to watch videos, read how-tos, follow tutorials, etc. every time you need to figure out how to create something new)
Developing a Site On Your Own:
- A lower budget is needed because you can do the labor yourself and only have to budget in domain and hosting costs
- You’ll know exactly what is on your website and how to use it
- You need experience — a basic understanding is essential to creating a functional website
- It requires a lot of time — even with a basic understanding, you’ll need to continuously learn about development and design to stay on-top of all the updates and mechanics of maintaining your website
Typically, web developers work within or partner with a larger marketing company or ad agency — giving you even more access to services like graphic design and marketing.
Why should you hire a design company and not do it yourself?
When you work with an agency that specializes in web development, graphic design, and digital marketing, you can work together to create a digital masterpiece that is better than you can imagine.
Your design firm will not only create something that you — and, more importantly, your customers — will love. You want a website that looks good, but you also need it to convert visitors into customers. What you need to setup in order for your website to be a success is called a funnel. Your website needs to bring a user down the funnel from an initial visitor, get that user engaged with your content, entice that user to buy or click on an offer, turn said user into a customer, and then a establish a loyal fan will continuously send more business your way.
The value of loyal customers and a fan base that will rave about your business is invaluable.
Why should you choose Invigilo LLC?
Whether you’re looking for a custom website design, small website updates, or monthly website maintenance, we do it all. In today’s world, the importance of a well-executed website — and overall web presence — cannot be underestimated. Here at Invigilo, we care about you and your business as if it were our own. We care.
We specialize in website design and development, but also offer services including user experience (UX), SEO, content writing, branding development, graphic design, and more. You can save time and money by getting everything you need to market your business under one roof. We can create your website from scratch, and transform it into a digital conversion machine.
Take the time to talk with us about creating your website and improving your business today.